Tuesday 1 June 2010

Rumsey Wells Exhibition

Oh, very well, as you’re all asking…

I am fresh from a short meeting with Luke Emery, a local artistic talent and curator of Art in the Underbelly at Norwich’s Rumsey Wells pub. Over the course of this little chat, we discussed a few ideas for an exhibition, pencilled in for September/October 2010.

Just as I tweeted earlier, there are some exciting ideas in place. This will be more than a simple exhibition. Luke’s idea is for a musical exhibition, displaying prints of my photographs of bands and musicians, with a couple of lovely, quirky touches – a listening post at each image, at which tracks by the depicted artists, recorded live, will be played, complementing the atmospheres conveyed in the images.

Furthermore, Luke has asked me to make a selection of musicians, from bands that I have photographed in the past, and bands that I will work with in the near future, to perform live at the Rumsey over the course of the exhibition, bringing the photographs to life.

The idea is in its early stages – expect alterations and fresh ideas – but I must put on record that I am enormously excited at this prospect, delighted to have chosen the Rumsey for my first exhibition, and delighted also to be working with Luke. Over the course of this year, he has not been the only curator to invite me to exhibit my work – but he got an immediate ‘yes’, on account of his additional input of inventive ideas, and I think working in partnership with him will make for a tremendous exhibition.

See you in the Rumsey then! Mine’s an Explorer…

No comments:

Post a Comment