Sunday 10 May 2009

It’s a good job my last post concluded the way it did; this week I will be photographing no less than four gigs! I am profusely excited about working in the fabulous Spiegeltent with two bands, performing as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival: the effortlessly sassy, stylish Les Folies on Wednesday, followed by the Vagaband on Saturday, whom I have yet to see live, but rather predict will bounce and leap around with an unnecessary amount of energy, rounding off the festival with a smashed panache. Muchly looking forward to it.

Festival festivities aside, Thursday afternoon will be spent producing some shots for Spidermilk , about whose quirky folk sound I have gushed previously – so aside from everything else, I should really look into finding some good locations to photograph them in…

Next Sunday evening promises to bring a treat: the welcome return to Norfolk of Brooke Sharkey. If, like yours truly, your ideal Saturday afternoon involves aimless bummeling through the sunny streets of Norwich city centre, then she may well have treated you to her relaxing blend of folk foppery and gentle French zest, whilst having her portrait painted by an equally talented old gent. Brilliant. Her Cider Shed performance should be a fine gig!

In the midst of it all, my newsagent hours this week have been more than doubled, I have babysitting commitments, am also househunting, and have front-row seats at the wonderful Philip Glass’ Theatre Royal performance on Friday.

My dears, it’s a hard knock life…

No comments:

Post a Comment